RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Saffron


Daughter of Grace and sister of Ash, Gabriel and Yale, Saffron is probably the most outgoing of the family.

Gabriel, Saffron and Yale
photo by Michele

photo by Kim

In fact, Saffron was the first one of her family I met, and the only one to make a point of introducing herself to me.  I came across this little unknown kitty in the singlewide, perched on the edge of shelf and trying to stare me down for some cuddles or food (dinner was being served at the time) or whatever else might be on offer. As I started patting her, I asked Michele who she was and was told her name was Saffron.

Introductions having been made, Saffron happily settled into purring, rubbing and dancing, stopping only briefly to have a little play with a nearby cat toy. 


When I came to see her a number of days later, she was just the same: friendly, open and ready for a visit.


3 comments:

  1. I always get her confused with Rio, till I see Rio's backside and her alopecia thing going on
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rio's face is pointier and she's waaaay friendlier. At least in the day time hours. I have to seek out and hunt down Saffron where as Rio will come sit on my lap when I'm scooping. Am really pleased that Saffron has been coming out, will have to make a point of showing up one of these nights just to snug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saffron (Saffy) is friendly and sweet but hangs out too much up top with Rob Zombie (her boyfriend). Most of the time I have to stretch to reach her - but she loves it. When she's is a cage she loves attention. I've got a real soft spot for her. Bev

    ReplyDelete