RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Joanie

When Leslie told me that Joanie, the shy feral mom of Hope and Gus Gus, could be found in the tearoom, I was doubtful of being able to even find her to get a proper look at her, let alone snap a clear picture.


I was pleasantly surprised to find her really very gracious about the whole thing. There was to be no touching, of course, and she'd lean as far away from me as she could with an expression of faint horror if I slowly extended a fingertip in her direction, but she felt secure enough to let me take as many pictures as I wanted and even stroke the cat sharing a basket with her.

With this willingness to at least breathe the same air as the scary humans, I wonder if she'll come around in time to thinking of us as potential friends. Perhaps a little chicken or tuna bribery is in order...

3 comments:

  1. Hope and Gus Gus also have a brother Domino who can be found in the front courtyard.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so I hear. I have to meet him so I can take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to figure out who this shy girl on the table in the cuddle puddles is, thanks Claire.

    ReplyDelete