RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Desi

When I got to know Cecilia last autumn, I was told that she and a grey longhair named Desi were inseparable. Well, either they were on the outs or my timing was just unlucky, but for ages I never ever saw them together. In fact, while Cecilia would often come to say hello, I hardly saw anything of Desi, period.

And then this week, at last, I was able to see the duo for myself:


Although not nearly as outgoing and confident as Cecilia, at least not with someone he doesn't know very well, Desi did let me stroke him a little and appeared to enjoy it. Pretty good for a former feral! Leslie tells me he was trapped as an adult on Desmond Street in Richmond and that's how he got the name "Desi."


She also describes him as just a "gentle, gentle timid boy." He's a sweet guy - no wonder Cecilia is so fond of him.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I never knew Desi was a feral.
    I often wake him first thing in the morning with a hug on the chair he sleeps in on the newcomers porch.
    I feel like I know so many of them, then I read one of your blogs and realize what I know is such a limited view.
    Thanks for gathering and sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can show us such different sides of themselves that it's great to compare notes and share!

    ReplyDelete