RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Jody

photo provided by RAPS

Jody, as quoted in the RAPS sanctuary photo gallery:
"I'm an independent, feisty little girl hoping to find someone who likes to rub faces and won't let other cats anywhere near me."


I most often come across Jody in the laundry room. She can be very friendly when in the mood (which, in my experience, is quite often) and will bestow as many cat kisses as one has the patience to receive.



Some say she can be a bit unpredictable. Surely not...


OK, maybe a little.

To be fair, she wasn't biting hard. 'Twas just a nibble, really.

The feistiness comes more into play when there are other cats moving into her space and generally cramping her style. As much as we keep them warm and safe and fed and loved, there are some cats at the sanctuary who would just be happier in a home where they can be the one & only.

2 comments:

  1. She's bitten a few noses quite hard since I've known her.
    I risk it because I love her kisses, but I give her my forehead or something non biteable to lick just in case. ;)

    ReplyDelete